Unique Application AGVs
"Autonomous automatic guided vehicle" is an automated guided vehicle equipped with an autonomous controller that does not require traveling guides. "Autonomous automatic guided vehicle" is a next-generation automatic guided vehicle that determines its travel route by calculating its current position using a position estimation function.
- AGV is a battery operated mobile platform with intelligence for autonomous navigation and material transfer within its area of operation.
- AGV increase efficiency and reduce costs by helping to automate a manufacturing facility or warehouse.
- AGV can carry loads or tow objects behind them in trailers. The trailers can be used to move raw materials or finished product. The AGV can also store objects on a bed. some AGVs use fork lifts to lift objects for storage. AGVs are employed in nearly every industry, including, paper, metals, newspaper and general manufacturing.
Next Generation "AGV"
- N-G AGV are computer controlled vehicles with on-board PLC Based System.
- Position feedback system to correct path.
- Communication between vehicles via system controller
- RF communication
- Electric signals
- System management computers
- Optimising the AGV utilisation
- Tracking the material in transfer and directing the AGV traffic.
Why consider AGV?
- Reduces the labor cost.
- Time consuming.
- Can significantly reduce production & warehouse costs.
- Transforming the materials handling industry.
- Easily Transform Hazardous material without human effect.
- Unobstructed movement
- Flexibility :
- Locations, path, P/D points can be reprogrammed
- Easy to change guide path system
- Number of vehicles can be altered depending on requirement
- Greater reliability:
- Less environmental problems
- AGV can be replaced by another, in case of failure.
- Lower investment
- Higher operating savings on long
- Minimal labor cost
- Easy maintenance
- Easy to interface with other systems
- Best choice for Automated storage and retrieval system
- Flexible Manufacturing systems
- Computer Numerical control (CNC)
- Process Control Equipment
- Shop Floor control system
- Automatic Loading and unloading
Types of AGV: